Just yesterday I was recommended a new text editor for the Mac. It’s called Coda and I’m loving it! Here’s why:
- The layout is really nice, it makes good use of your whole screen with a single editor window.
- It has an innovative “sites” feature that takes a screen shot of all your project’s home pages, which serves as a nice way to browse them.
- It has built in SFTP support – if I’m honest, I was getting a bit fed up of TextMate + MacFusion to access all our sites.
- It has a built in terminal, so you can instantly SSH to your servers as the same user as you use for SFTP.
- It supports subversion, you can commit and update from the file browser side bar.
- It has a collaboration mode, so you can simultaneously edit the same script as a co-worker.
Coda Keyboard Shortcuts
- CMD + 2 – Switch to edit mode for the currently selected file.
- CMD + 3 – Switch to preview mode for the currently selected file.