It may have been a long time coming, but I have to say the UK Government has now made pretty good progress when it comes to making their services available online – and we have taken advantage of this with our online accounting system, Clear Books.
Clear Books integrates with a number of Government APIs, including:
- Companies House WebCheck – Lets you purchase official documents (annual accounts, annual returns, director appointments, share allotments) that have been filed for most companies registered in England & Wales.
- Online VAT Filing – Allows you to generate and file VAT returns online. Also allows you to pay by direct debit, so no need to send a cheque in the post.
- Online CIS Filing (coming soon) – A feature specifically for the Construction Industry – this lets you file monthly CIS300 returns and verify sub-contractors from within Clear Books.
In the future we plan to add a number of other services, such as:
- Online Filing with Companies House – File your annual return, annual accounts, and other forms electronically.
- PAYE forms filing with HMRC – File P14 , P35 , P45, P46 etc online.
We have also made a lot of our code available as open source under the php-govtalk project, so if you are interested in collaborating with us – we’d love to hear from you.